Captain Samuel Brown School Arrival and Departure
REMINDERS: SAFETY FIRST!
* Please do not pull in the back area of the school to drop off or pick up your child.
* Please do not park under signs that say No Parking Between the Hours of 8:30 to 9:30 and 2:30 to 3:30.
* Please do not stop on Lynn Street to drop off or pick up children.
* Please do not stop in front of the school safety lane, next to Louie’s Lix where students line up, or at the circular drive way in front of the school.
* You may park in the church parking lot and walk your child to the crossing guard or to the school area.
Arrival - Walking Only / Parking and Walking
Morning Line Up
- Students should line up in marked spaces (marked according to teacher and grade) in the safety lane by Door #11 (South Door on side of school nearest Louie’s Lix).
- Teachers will escort students into the school to their classroom at 8:50 AM.
- Door # 11 will close at 8:50 AM and remain locked throughout the day.
- Any student arriving after 8:50 AM must come to the front door (Door # 1) and sign in at the Main Office.
******Excessive tardiness will result in a Parent Conference
- Inclement weather is when it is raining, snowing, or below 32 degrees.
- A volunteer will be at Door # 11 to allow students to enter the building.
- Starting at 8:40am, students will enter school through Door 11 and proceed down the stairs toward the cafeteria.
- Students in K, 1 and 2 may wait in the cafeteria at their assigned table.
- Students in grades 3 and 4 may wait in the cafeteria on the ramp while Grade 5 may wait in the hallway under the classroom sign
- By 8:50, Teachers will pick their students up in the cafeteria or the hallway and escort them to class.
Breakfast participants should line up at Door # 7 (the door nearest the playground at the end of the corridor in the glass hallway) at 8:40 AM and will be escorted into the cafeteria by the Assistant Principal.
- Kindergarten students will be dismissed from Door #12 on the south side of the building.
- Walkers in grades 1 – 5 will be dismissed on the south side of the building using the same doors from which they entered.
- Parents and others should park on a nearby side street and walk over to the side of the school to meet their children, or agree on a safe meeting spot.
- Bus students line up and wait in the glass hallway. Students will be supervised by a member of the Brown School staff.
- Special Education bus students line up in the main entrance hallway to await their buses. Students will be supervised by members of the Capt. Samuel Brown School staff.
- Students awaiting bus transportation to Catholic Charities and Bruce McCory Martial Arts will line up in the corridor of door #2. Students will be supervised by a member of the Brown School staff.
- Students awaiting bus transportation to the YMCA will line up in the corridor of door #2. Students will be supervised by a member of the Brown School staff and/or a representative from the YMCA.